Sticky: Congrats to Rick Scott on making the list of the 8 worst governors in America!
…Rick Scott was once the CEO of Columbia/HCA, a massive hospital chain. The federal government fined Columbia/HCA for Medicaid and Medicare fraud. That fine, a jaw-dropping 1.7 billion dollars, is the largest in American history.
But instead of going to jail, Rick Scott became the governor of Florida.
A guy scams the government and now is an elected official of the government. And in the three months since he’s been in office he’s doing his best to destroy the fourth largest state.
1. He rejected $2.4 billion in stimulus money to build a high-speed rail line from Tampa to Orlando.
2. He wants to slash $4 billion in spending while cutting taxes for millionaires.
3. He tried to use state funds to build golf courses in state parks while cutting education by 10 percent and corporate taxes by 5 percent.
4. He’s requiring 600,000 government workers (including police officers, teachers, firefighters, judges, and retirees) to contribute 5 percent to their retirement.
5. He just lopped off $2,300 a year in teacher salary to give massive tax cuts to corporations and the wealthy.
He’s also not a fan of black people. He proposed eliminating state support for two HBCUs (Historically black colleges and universities). He’s shutting down a state agency that assists minority businesses, and he refuses to appoint an African American to any significant position in his administration.
Where’s Kanye West when you need him? Someone needs to go on TV and awkwardly declare: “Rick Scott doesn’t care about black people!”
Stephen King, a part-time resident of Florida, attended a rally to protest Scott’s state budget cuts. Allow me to describe Rick Scott perfectly, using King’s famous books as inspiration:
Rick Scott is a bigger clown than the clown from It. This Firestarter wants to turn Florida into his own personal Creepshow, a Dead Zone where his economic policies will have residents screaming “REDRUM!” Sorry Florida, but it looks like you guys are in for a whole lot of Misery… SOURCE